LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL K. DYGERT, ESQ.
May 2007 - Present
Served as General Counsel for an international hydropower development firm with offices in Canada, Oregon, Idaho and Utah.
* Coordinated all legal services for the company at the state, local and federal level, as well as internationally in South America.
* Represented the company and its subsidiaries throughout the hydropower permitting and licensing process with the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
* Litigated appeals of adverse permitting decisions before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Court of Appeals.
* Negotiated, documented and consummated a $25.0 million merger transaction.
* Negotiated and documented a $38.0 million credit facility for the construction of two hydropower projects in Oregon and Montana.
* Negotiated site use agreements with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and Bureau of Reclamation for the construction of private hydroelectric plants on federally owned dams.
* Negotiated and drafted numerous joint venture, hydropower development, right-of-way and other contracts.
* Worked with local counsel to defend and resolve litigation.
Other legal work has included:
* Civil litigation in state and federal courts.
* Real estate.
* Water rights.
UTAH NATIONAL GUARD
March 1994 - Present
March 2018-Present: Regional Defense Counsel, West Region, Army National Guard Trial Defense Services. Responsible for the provision of legal defense services to National Guard soldiers in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Utah and Washington.
June 2017-March 2018: Active Duty service as Staff Judge Advocate, Joint Special Operations Task Force - Arabian Peninsula in Bahrain. Responsible for the provision of all legal services within the Command, including Law of Armed Conflict, disciplinary matters, administrative and financial liability investigations, and operational law issues.
January 2013-June 2017: Brigade Judge Advocate, 300th Military Intelligence Brigade. Responsible for the provision of all legal services within the Command, including disciplinary matters, administrative and financial liability investigations, and operational law issues.
2009-2013: Senior Defense Counsel, 653d Trial Defense Team, US Army Trial Defense Service. Responsible for the provision of legal defense services to National Guard soldiers in Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and Utah, in all punitive and adverse administrative actions.
2005-2009: Command Judge Advocate, 204th Maneuver Enhancement Brigade. Responsible for the provision of all legal services within the Command, including disciplinary matters, administrative and financial liability investigations, and operational law issues.
2003-2005:Served on Active Duty from December 18, 2003 to March 24, 2005 in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom II with HHC, 115th Engineer Group. Served approximately 8 months as Trial Counsel responsible for all military justice matters in the 115th Engineer Group and approximately 7 months as Trial Defense Counsel for the Army's Trial Defense Services in the southern area of Iraq. Responsibilities as Defense Counsel included defending accused soldiers at courts-martial and adverse administrative proceedings, including the defense of a soldier accused of detainee abuse at Abu Ghraib prison.
2001-2003: Legal counsel for Commander, Army Garrison Camp Williams, Riverton, UT.
1998-2001: Served as a non-commissioned officer in the legal office of the Utah State Area Command.
1994-1996: Tacfire Specialist, HHB I Corps Artillery.
Awards: Honor Graduate, Judge Advocate Officer Advanced Course, 2007; Joint Commendation Medal; Army Commendation Medal; Army Achievement Medal; Utah National Guard Commendation Medal
PRESIDENT - CARRUS LAND SYSTEMS, LLC
2007 - 2018
Responsible as co-founder for all operations related to organizational establishment, initial project engagement and land management. Also served as Property Manager for the 8,700-acre Birch Creek Ranch near Woodruff, Utah, with responsibility for the preparation and implementation of management plans, oversight of the grazing and hunting operations, and all other aspects of ranch management.
ASSOCIATE - BEARNSON & PECK, L.C.
2001 - 2007
General legal practice in corporate and transactional work as well as commercial litigation. Emphasis in real estate, agriculture and commercial transactions.
ASSOCIATE - PARR, BROWN, GEE & LOVELESS
1999 - 2001
General legal practice in corporate and transactional work. Emphasis in real estate, tax and commercial transactions.